Post Any Site Problems Here!

Forum Rules & Important Site News.
Post your questions/problems/solutions/ideas here.

Re: Post Any Site Problems Here!

Postby Selaphiel » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:14 pm

No issues here. Thanks DF! Good luck with your at-home issues, and thanks again for taking time to fix my favorite message board on the internet =O
"A good name is better than precious ointment, and the day of death than the day of one’s birth." - Ecclesiastes 7:1
Selaphiel
Shikaisha
Shikaisha

Location: Somewhere at the bottom of the river between Vega and Altair.

Postby geikou » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:23 pm

Looks good here too! Thanks so much for doing this when you're so busy, DF! <3
geikou
Senpai
Senpai

Postby chibianimefan » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:52 pm

comodo managed to save me when all the weirdness happened... I still got my computer serviced by a friend who owed me a favor, Thanks for getting this place back up and running man. n_n it is looking really good
*i am chibimetal, the chibi shoujo fan*

Thanks Kirschy

http://metal-the-otaku.livejournal.com/ Fear the power of EMO!!!

http://legacymaster09.proboards50.com/index.cgi <--- Please join, we need members... I don't want to see my third home die
chibianimefan
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Kruszer » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:51 pm

No errors and no virus warnings here, looks like what you did worked.

EDIT: Except Spoiler tags don't work now.
Last edited by Kruszer on Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The world is a looking-glass, and gives back to every man the reflection of his own face. Frown at it, and it will in turn look sourly upon you; laugh at it and with it, and it is a jolly kind companion.”
-William Makepeace Thackeray

Kruszer
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Gunny » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:09 pm

AVG is still telling me it blocked a Black Hole exploit when I punch in the address. I'll dig to to see if it is on my end. But just a heads up.
Gunny
Senpai
Senpai

Postby chibianimefan » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:35 pm

all my browsers work, I'm sticking with Firefox though because I am more familiar with it... no problems from comodo
*i am chibimetal, the chibi shoujo fan*

Thanks Kirschy

http://metal-the-otaku.livejournal.com/ Fear the power of EMO!!!

http://legacymaster09.proboards50.com/index.cgi <--- Please join, we need members... I don't want to see my third home die
chibianimefan
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Narcosis » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:44 pm

I'm curious, was this due to an attack or was it some type of hosting error?

Check out my new blog about gaming and gaming culture: datadeletion.blogspot.com/
Narcosis
Shikaisha
Shikaisha

Postby Tsuyoshi » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:47 pm

It would have to have been an attack on the forum code or sql.
Tsuyoshi
Shissei
Shissei

Postby kirschy » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:24 am

AVG says my machine is clean. (I ran it several times, including in safe mode.) So I think my system is OK.

Teach you people to use IE. Not a lick of trouble with chrome.

As for the browser bit... Maybe I should switch to Dillo since that browser totally ignores scripting? Or maybe I'll stick with Firefox 3.6.?? until they stop updating it. Who knows.
kirschy
Shikaisha
Shikaisha

Postby Ensign Janitor Tzap » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:16 pm

kirschy wrote:AVG says my machine is clean. (I ran it several times, including in safe mode.) So I think my system is OK.

Teach you people to use IE. Not a lick of trouble with chrome.

As for the browser bit... Maybe I should switch to Dillo since that browser totally ignores scripting? Or maybe I'll stick with Firefox 3.6.?? until they stop updating it. Who knows.
Or perhaps you should just do your web browsing on Ubuntu. :roll:

Though.....
If you have a windows machine, and even if you DON'T use Internet Exploder.
It is still an intrical part of Windows. {Even though MicroSquish says it isn't.} :x
Thus, you have to up update IE to at least Version 8.
Other wise several of the services in XP will not work correctly,
and leave you open to some serious security holes. :smt011
{I found this out the hard way.} :smt011

But kirschy,
Why are you still just using FireFox 3.6?
Are you using it in conjunction with some other programs,
that don't support any thing higher than that version?

The latest version of FireFox I have, has incorporated many of the tools, and add-on's,
that didn't come with the older versions.

Well, back to site problems........
As has been pointed out by others.
The "Spoiler Tags" are not functioning.
Several images in the "Smilies" are corrupted, and will need to be reloaded.
On the top of the page, next to "FAQ" The Link for the "Art Gallery" has disappeared.

That's all that I can find at this time.
I'll see if I can gain excess to the "Art Gallery" by some other means.

Signed: Ensign Janitor Tzap
Ensign Janitor Tzap
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Tsuyoshi » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:30 pm

Tsuyoshi wrote:I've reset the forums to a fresh install so all previous modifications (such as spoiler tag and quickreply) have been wiped out

And the gallery is where it's always been http://thehaisho.com/artgallery However, I changed cookie settings so you won't been able to log into the gallery for now.
Tsuyoshi
Shissei
Shissei

Postby Ensign Janitor Tzap » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:23 pm

Tsuyoshi wrote:
Tsuyoshi wrote:I've reset the forums to a fresh install so all previous modifications (such as spoiler tag and quickreply) have been wiped out

And the gallery is where it's always been http://thehaisho.com/artgallery However, I changed cookie settings so you won't been able to log into the gallery for now.
Do you mean I can't up load any pictures, right?

I went over, and checked. :(

Oh, "Quick Reply" is working.
Though it is different looking.

Ensign Janitor Tzap
Senpai
Senpai

Postby kirschy » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:26 pm

I think I mentioned a work around to that in the polls thread. If you want you should be able to upload pictures to something like Tinypic until DF gets the gallery back to normal.

I could be wrong about this, but I don't believe those smileys are corrupted. I seem to remember that DF added some custom smileys a while back. So it may be that the stock phpBB software doesn't recognize those smileys because they're an add-on.

Or perhaps you should just do your web browsing on Ubuntu. :roll:

I don't like Ubuntu's traditional default layout (with the task bar at the top). And I really don't like the Unity desktop. After all, if I wanted to use a smartphone/tablet GUI, I would use a smartphone/tablet. Since I don't use a tablet/smartphone, I want a more conventional (IE non smartphone/tablet) looking interface. So if I were going to use Linux for web-browsing, I'd go with a version that uses either a regular Gnome 2.6 desktop, XFCE, or LXDE GUI. As a guess I would probably use Linux Mint with either the XFCE or LXDE desktop... But there are others that might warrant taking a look.

Though... If you have a windows machine, and even if you DON'T use Internet Exploder. It is still an intrical part of Windows. {Even though MicroSquish says it isn't.} :x Thus, you have to up update IE to at least Version 8. Other wise several of the services in XP will not work correctly, and leave you open to some serious security holes. :smt011 {I found this out the hard way.} :smt011

I have IE8 installed. It's one of the 112-115 updates I have to get whenever I reinstall Windows XP...

But kirschy, Why are you still just using FireFox 3.6? Are you using it in conjunction with some other programs, that don't support any thing higher than that version?

Nope. I just don't like the interface on Firefox versions 4-11. I think the redesign looks stupid and interface is ridiculous. (Why should I have to go through several menus just to organize my bookmarks...) And a lot of the stuff they're incorporating (like the social media crap) I simply despise. So since Mozilla is still releasing security updates to Firefox 3.6, I refuse to upgrade. I'm hoping that by the time Mozilla stops releasing security updates to Firefox 3.6 that either someone has the good sense to go back to an interface that is more reminiscent of Mosiac/Netscape (or at least Firefox 3.6) and that they offer a bare-bones version that I can put the add-on (Adblock Plus) that I actually use on after install.

Yeah, I know I'm a disagreeable, old-fashioned cuss... :lol:
kirschy
Shikaisha
Shikaisha

Postby geikou » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:19 pm

I think the redesign looks stupid and interface is ridiculous.

Personally, I love the extra vertical space. It took some getting used to, but I'm good with it now. I had resisted switching from 3.6 for a long time because my mouse gestures add-on was not compatible with the newer versions (and it's superior to the other couple that are out there). But when I upgraded to Win7, I got the new Firefox, which was 10 at the time, about a month or so ago.

Why should I have to go through several menus just to organize my bookmarks...

The bookmarks menu is in the upper right hand corner. No need to go through any extra menus. The one thing is that it took me a little while to figure out how to get my bookmarks bar thing back, but I have that now too.

And a lot of the stuff they're incorporating (like the social media crap) I simply despise.

I have no social media stuff on my Firefox to my knowledge. A lot of the stuff is optional. You don't want it, you don't install it.

The only thing I hate about Firefox now is the release numbering scheme coupled with the super fast release cycle. Which wouldn't be a big deal if I didn't have to worry about add-on compatibility with each new release.
geikou
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Ensign Janitor Tzap » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:22 pm

kirschy wrote:

I think I mentioned a work around to that in the polls thread. If you want you should be able to upload pictures to something like Tinypic until DF gets the gallery back to normal.
Yes, you did point this out too me.
But if your redirecting images from another web site to this one, can be slow at times.
Much better to keep the images on the same site, So the images load quicker. :wink:

kirschy wrote:

I could be wrong about this, but I don't believe those smileys are corrupted. I seem to remember that DF added some custom smileys a while back. So it may be that the stock phpBB software doesn't recognize those smileys because they're an add-on.
Hmmm......
Upon looking at the 4 pages of smilies.
I can only find problems with the 1st page, and some of them aren't add-on's.

kirschy wrote:
But kirschy, Why are you still just using FireFox 3.6? Are you using it in conjunction with some other programs, that don't support any thing higher than that version?

Nope. I just don't like the interface on Firefox versions 4-11. I think the redesign looks stupid and interface is ridiculous. (Why should I have to go through several menus just to organize my bookmarks...) And a lot of the stuff they're incorporating (like the social media crap) I simply despise. So since Mozilla is still releasing security updates to Firefox 3.6, I refuse to upgrade. I'm hoping that by the time Mozilla stops releasing security updates to Firefox 3.6 that either someone has the good sense to go back to an interface that is more reminiscent of Mosiac/Netscape (or at least Firefox 3.6) and that they offer a bare-bones version that I can put the add-on (Adblock Plus) that I actually use on after install.

Yeah, I know I'm a disagreeable, old-fashioned cuss... :lol:
I agree with geikou,
The newer versions of Firefox aren't bad at all.
I have Adblock Plus & NoScript running with it, and have had no problems.
geikou wrote:
Why should I have to go through several menus just to organize my bookmarks...

The bookmarks menu is in the upper right hand corner. No need to go through any extra menus. The one thing is that it took me a little while to figure out how to get my bookmarks bar thing back, but I have that now too.
Yeah,
It took me a little bit of time to figure out how to configure the bookmarks as well.
geikou wrote:
And a lot of the stuff they're incorporating (like the social media crap) I simply despise.

I have no social media stuff on my Firefox to my knowledge. A lot of the stuff is optional. You don't want it, you don't install it.
Oh, your talking about the stupid "Google", Facebook, and Twitter Bar.
When your at the Firefox download site.
http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/central/
Make sure you read the download information carefully.
Don't just click on though it the right away,
it may ask you if you want or not want some info bar setup.
When you do the installation of the latest version of FireFox.
Take your time, and use the "Custom install", not the "Recommend install".
Thus, you can load the things you want on your FireFox Browser.
If you have Add-ons like NoScript, or Adblock Plus.
You'll be prompted if you want to get the latest version.
If there is a problem with application, it will ask should it be disabled,
or do you want it to look for a newer version, or just leave it enabled.
This is what I did, and like geikou.
My Firefox doesn't have any of that social media crap installed. :-D
geikou wrote:The only thing I hate about Firefox now is the release numbering scheme coupled with the super fast release cycle. Which wouldn't be a big deal if I didn't have to worry about add-on compatibility with each new release.
Yeah,
This is causing a small problem with my Zone Alarm Extreme Firewall/Web browser Virualization.
Because ZA wants to have control over Firefox, even though Firefox has Virualization built into it.

Ensign Janitor Tzap
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Tsuyoshi » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:22 pm

Tsuyoshi
Shissei
Shissei

Postby kirschy » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:49 pm

I may be wrong about what's where, so bear with me a bit.

Geikou, the last time I played around with a new version of FF was a while ago, maybe FF8-9. (I think I may have briefly played with FF10/11 last time I used Mint Linux but that didn't amount to more than a few minutes.) However I seem to remember that I couldn't even find the organize bookmarks option when I was looking to import my bookmarks. It was buried under some command or something in the bookmarks menu that had nothing to do with organizing and importing bookmarks. Maybe the bookmark this page or add bookmark button?

I did a quick check on Mozilla's FF pages since I've seen stuff on Geek.com a few months ago about things that are going to be introduced in FF11/12, which included stuff related to integrating social media and a new way of updating FF. FF 11 has sync, form complete, app tabs (which includes twitter, Facebook, etc...), and location aware browsing that are all things I would prefer it didn't have and which 3.6 doesn't have (or does extremely differently). And as near as I've been able to figure out they're included by default. I'd prefer those to be things you have to add-on... I've also heard some stuff about FF11 introducing a new (silent) update system like what Google uses with Chrome which I'm not too keen on. However they may have backed off on that one since the FF site doesn't say they're doing that, not yet anyway.

Another gripe was that they flipped the open in new tab and open in new window controls in the right click menu, which really tripped me up when I played with FF a few months ago. And the Firefox button basically moves all the familiar menus and screws them up... Like I said, I prefer the older interface and subscribe to the point of view that change simply for the sake of change [which is what a lot of the new interfaces in browsers (FF, IE, Opera, etc...) and OSes(Windows 7 and to a far greater extent the upcoming Windows 8, Ubuntu's Unity desktop...) are] is bad and should be minimized since it just confuses people unnecessarily, especially when it happens as fast as FF is releasing new versions.

However I'm glad you like it.

Edit:
Tzap posted while I was writing this so...

Oh, your talking about the stupid "Google", Facebook, and Twitter Bar. When your at the Firefox download site. Make sure you read the download information carefully. Don't just click on though it the right away, it may ask you if you want or not want some info bar setup. When you do the installation of the latest version of FireFox. Take your time, and use the "Custom install", not the "Recommend install". Thus, you can load the things you want on your FireFox Browser.

See that's kind of what I'm talking about. That should be opt in not opt out. The recommended install should have that crap disabled/removed by default. If you want it, you should have to go in and add it not have to opt out when you're installing.

If I decide to play with the new FF, I'll take the time to do what you're suggesting Tzap.
kirschy
Shikaisha
Shikaisha

Postby Selaphiel » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:07 am

Issue popped up again

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/index.php(1) : eval()'d code:7)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/index.php(1) : eval()'d code:7)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/index.php(1) : eval()'d code:7)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/index.php(1) : eval()'d code:7)

Also, No Script is blocking an Igg.biz

Is someone intentionally, maliciously attacking the site?
"A good name is better than precious ointment, and the day of death than the day of one’s birth." - Ecclesiastes 7:1
Selaphiel
Shikaisha
Shikaisha

Location: Somewhere at the bottom of the river between Vega and Altair.

Postby Kruszer » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:26 am

Yeah, it's doing it again. Funky error on the banner and Malicious Threat Blocked notification. :x

Infection Details
URL: hgkdzsdgfhfh.igg.biz/?go (removed letters of the url so it doesn't automatically crate a link to it. Add the standard http prefix to that and you'll have the url.)
Process: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
Infection: URL:Mal
“The world is a looking-glass, and gives back to every man the reflection of his own face. Frown at it, and it will in turn look sourly upon you; laugh at it and with it, and it is a jolly kind companion.”
-William Makepeace Thackeray

Kruszer
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Narcosis » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:57 am

PSA: NO SCRIPT THE WHOLE SITE IF YOU CAN IMMEDIATELY!

Given that our issues have returned while DF is probably asleep the best I can suggest is that you guys take the following precautions:

1- Make sure everything that your browsers connect to when on thehaisho.com is blocked at the scripting level. If you have anything on this site unblocked block it again, seeing as the basic forum functions will work for you even if the javascripting is blocked.

2- Just to be safe, if you got the malicious threat notice again, please take precautions and update your antivirus and malware programs and scan your systems ASAP. We have one person who claims to have been infected in the previous issues a few days ago, so it's better to be safe than sorry.

3- If you do get the message that your antivirus or firewall blocked a threat, please take a screenshot or copy the text so further research can be dne. It appears the latest threats are linked to something called igg.biz which I am trying to get more info on.

Check out my new blog about gaming and gaming culture: datadeletion.blogspot.com/
Narcosis
Shikaisha
Shikaisha

PreviousNext

Return to Site Announcements & Support