Post Any Site Problems Here!

Forum Rules & Important Site News.
Post your questions/problems/solutions/ideas here.

Post Any Site Problems Here!

Postby Tsuyoshi » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:37 pm

Please post any issues you find about the site here.
Last edited by Tsuyoshi on Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tsuyoshi
Shissei
Shissei

Postby kirschy » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:39 am

Ugh... DF can you check the moderator control panel? I tried to check something and it wasn't coming up.
kirschy
Shikaisha
Shikaisha

Postby Tsuyoshi » Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:26 pm

All Corrected.
Tsuyoshi
Shissei
Shissei

Postby kirschy » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:07 pm

Thanks DF.
kirschy
Shikaisha
Shikaisha

Postby Gunny » Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:50 pm

I guess I'll stick this here. But all my dates and times are displayed as
..this.

things like e77Monday070607 or somthing. I don't think I messed with anything in my profile that would cause it to do that.
Gunny
Senpai
Senpai

Postby kirschy » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:10 pm

I'll fix it for you Gunny.  Basically you accidently messed with your timestamp display.  Its really just a matter of clearing it and resetting stuff.  However don't feel bad, it has happened to me too before.

Edit:
Should be fixed now.  If its not send me a PM.
Last edited by kirschy on Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kirschy
Shikaisha
Shikaisha

Postby Gunny » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:27 pm

Nope. Everything is fine. Thanks.
Gunny
Senpai
Senpai

Postby Nami-San » Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:36 pm

kirschy wrote:I'll fix it for you Gunny.  Basically you accidently messed with your timestamp display.  Its really just a matter of clearing it and resetting stuff.  However don't feel bad, it has happened to me too before.

Edit:
Should be fixed now.  If its not send me a PM.

What is with the accented capital A's in that?
Nami-San
Kikousha
Kikousha

Postby Tsuyoshi » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:45 pm

That's a database error which occurs when transferring or restoring a backup.  This occurred in the fanfics, etc. where people copy and pasted from word processors (which actually contains hidden data) and becomes evident when the db is processed back to mysql.  That's the character flaw in using " .  I've already copied and pasted from the old site all the review forums posts and the fanfic contest forum posts.  I will do the same for Original Art soon.  If anyone notices major character flaws, like those in the fanfics.  Post a link here and I'll correct them.

As for the  .  That shows itself only in a few posts that were done with IE-based browsers and seems to be a hidden character again.  These tend to manifest themselves more in the quotes (and mainly from jk :P ).  These are less important to fix (although, when noticed we do edit the post and fix them.  I'm more concerned with making sure people works are corrected to the best we can, and are more distracting than a couple of post with a Character added.

We will probably start slowly removing old threads and make new popular ones.  This will cut down the db size and make things run smoother as we continue to grow in size (hopefully).

Right now, we shall start by auto-pruning the newsfeeds after 45 days.  This will affect the total stats of the board and decrease the number of total articles listed on the main page.  Not a big deal, and especially with them being news articles only.  I'm holding off for the moment on doing any others, since it will affect post counts as well as the board stats.
Tsuyoshi
Shissei
Shissei

Postby ChronoJehuty » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:07 pm

Okay for some reason I posted a topic in the Off topic forum but some bizzare reason it the thread isn't there. I know I submitted it and it's part of the link in view all posts in member profile. So where is it?
ChronoJehuty
Shinmai
Shinmai

Postby Tsuyoshi » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:47 pm

If it's about the History question, I see it just fine. :?
Tsuyoshi
Shissei
Shissei

Postby Nami-San » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:52 pm

Ummm, I have had some weird issue when logging in lately.  It is very bizarre.  I log in, and it sends me back to the main page, not logged in.  Then, when I log in a second time, it is successful, but it marks all threads as having been read at that time.  I thought, at first, that maybe I was making mistakes with my password, but this has been happening for a few weeks now.

Of course, I plan on having my new computer soon, which would mean I would just stay logged in, but I still find it very odd.
Nami-San
Kikousha
Kikousha

Postby kirschy » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:56 pm

Nami, this is interesting.  Since I have not noticed this happening with either of my computers, I think we need to ascertain if this is happening to anyone else because it could be something specifically with your computer.

As for incorrectly imputting your password, I think we can rule that out.  When that happens, you get a box saying you have specified an incorrect or inactive password/username containing a link to the main forums and a link to try again.  I found this out when I recently changed my password since I sometimes forget and put the old one in...
kirschy
Shikaisha
Shikaisha

Postby Nami-San » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:38 pm

Well, it could be my parent's computer.  However, I remember I used to be able to log in here at work, but one day I tried to log in, and the same thing happened there.

In any case, if it is this computer, the problem should evaporate once I get my new one.
Nami-San
Kikousha
Kikousha

Postby Narcosis » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:37 pm

Is it normal to have to log in twice to post? It seems that I'll log in, start to post a message, and as soon as I hit "submit" it wants me to log in again....

wtf?

Check out my new blog about gaming and gaming culture: datadeletion.blogspot.com/
Narcosis
Shikaisha
Shikaisha

Postby Tsuyoshi » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:09 pm

I haven't noticed anything... but I never log out. =/

I do use 3 computers to access the forums, but don't have any problems either.  I'll try logging out and back in, see if it is wide spread.

I am starting to update the forum code and removing some mods we had made and hopefully a fresh copy will solve any issues. (it will be a while, so don't ask -_- )
Tsuyoshi
Shissei
Shissei

Postby kirschy » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:39 pm

I haven't noticed that either Itami.  And to be fair about it, I use two different computers.  Though I usually use the quick reply option since it means less load time for me.  I suppose it could be a bug in the current board coding which will be fixed in the re-write.  

If anyone else is experiencing this, please let us know so we can figure out if it is an isolated incident or not.
kirschy
Shikaisha
Shikaisha

Postby Nami-San » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:11 pm

Well, that sounds pretty much like what happens to me on my parents' computer.  I still hope, and assume, that the problem could dissipate when I get my new one...
Nami-San
Kikousha
Kikousha

Postby Ensign Janitor Tzap » Wed May 03, 2006 11:58 pm

DFarthing,

I've been trying to use the BOLD
and other features in my last few posted replies,
and they wouldn't function.

Thou, now they seem to be functioning again.

Strange... :?

Signed: Ensign Janitor Tzap
Ensign Janitor Tzap
Senpai
Senpai

Postby kirschy » Thu May 04, 2006 10:14 am

Ensign Janitor Tzap wrote:DFarthing, I've been trying to use the BOLD and other features in my last few posted replies, and they wouldn't function.  Thou, now they seem to be functioning again.
Strange... :?
Signed: Ensign Janitor Tzap

Just out of curiousity, did you manually create the tags or did you use the buttons in the compose post box?  If you used the buttons, do you have javascript enabled?  Also when you composed the message did the bb code tags show up correctly.  For example (and remember I'm substituting {} for [] so things will show up): {b}text{/b} for bold, {quote="username"}text{/quote} or {q}text{/q} for quotes, {i}text{/i} for italics...  Finally you might make sure that the check box labeled disable BBCode in this post is unchecked.
kirschy
Shikaisha
Shikaisha

Next

Return to Site Announcements & Support