Windows 8 Interface (with poll)

Post all your computer, tech, and gadget talk here.

Will you buy Windows 8 if you have to use a "smart-phone" interface?

Yes.
No votes
No.
100%

Total votes : 5

Windows 8 Interface (with poll)

Postby kirschy » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:47 pm

I'm not sure if anyone else saw this or not, but CNN had an article about Windows 8's new "touch screen" interface. (source) I've said it before in discussions about computer interfaces, but I think it bears repeating so I'll say it again. I think a smart-phone/tablet OS is fine for a smart-phone or tablet, however a desktop or laptop using a mouse and keyboard needs an interface designed for a desktop/laptop using a mouse and keyboard (which is basically the traditional PC operating system interface). So if that article is correct and people using Windows 8 on a desktop or laptop are forced to use that ridiculous interface I think Windows 8 will be a bigger disaster than Windows ME and Windows Vista combined. However what do I know. Maybe other Haishoians think the new interface is going to be the best thing since sliced bread. So what about it? Yea or nay on forcing people using a desktop/laptop to use a tablet/smartphone interface?
kirschy
Shikaisha
Shikaisha

Re: Windows 8 Interface (with poll)

Postby si1vergecko » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:15 pm

I will conceed with what I do know I do not like it as of now, we all know how it works with Windows anyway with every other OS sucking anyway.
si1vergecko
Senpai
Senpai

Re: Windows 8 Interface (with poll)

Postby Tsuyoshi » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:53 pm

Yeah, I just can't stand the new interface and being forced into it by even removing the previous hack to restore the normal desktop. Guess I'm just not hip enough for M$. I might get 1 copy of Win 8 to have since the upgrade price right now is only $49.
Tsuyoshi
Shissei
Shissei

Return to Tech Talk