Google Docs

Post all your computer, tech, and gadget talk here.

Google Docs

Postby kirschy » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:13 pm

I'm not sure if anyone else here uses Google Docs, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. Has anyone else experienced extreme slowness/buggy behavior when using Google Docs since they forced the new version down everyone's throats? I'm specifically thinking of the Spreadsheet which doesn't seem to play nice with Opera and is extremely slow and buggy in Internet Explorer 8, but if you're having other issues since the forced "upgrade" it might help to talk about. OK... It probably won't help since Google doesn't give a damn and isn't going to bring the old version that actually worked reasonably well back, but it might make us feel better to grouse about it.

The reason I ask is because I periodically use Google Docs to write stuff or make a simple spread-sheet, but since the forced "upgrade" it seems like I'd actually be better off just downloading Abiword or Gnumeric to handle that sort of thing.
kirschy
Shikaisha
Shikaisha

Re: Google Docs

Postby geikou » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:58 pm

I've only used it a couple times since they changed it, but I haven't noticed anything different about it offhand other than how my documents are listed. I don't really use the spreadsheet, though.
geikou
Senpai
Senpai

Re: Google Docs

Postby kirschy » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:08 pm

geikou wrote:I've only used it a couple times since they changed it, but I haven't noticed anything different about it offhand other than how my documents are listed. I don't really use the spreadsheet, though.

Aside from the addition of the ruler and auto-correct (which can be bloody annoying), there's not really too much difference with the word-processor. I'm rather take it or leave it on the new listing, but whatever. The spreadsheet... that's another story.
kirschy
Shikaisha
Shikaisha

Return to Tech Talk