[Anime] Joint review: Wild Arms TV and Inuyasha the Movie 3

Post and share your Detailed reviews of anime, manga & related things.

[Anime] Joint review: Wild Arms TV and Inuyasha the Movie 3

Postby chibianimefan » Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:20 pm

Wild Arms TV: Sheyenne has been trapped in a boy's body... he goes on a quest to find his true body, and in the process sees the corruption in Fargaia.

Story: 5/5 I really enjoyed the humor within such a serious matter, especially since it was supposed to be dramatic.

Sound: English (5/5) Japanese (4/5)... I actually enjoyed the english version a lot more, the japanese lost it's feel around episode 15 and never recovered.

Episode count: 22 (5/5) I like short ones like this.

Video Quality: 5/5 High quality, almost flawless.

Final Score: 9/10... Although not perfect, it is the best series I have seen based on a video game.

Swords of an Honorable Ruler (Inuyasha the Movie 3): Sounga... the third sword of the great dog demon is a very evil sword, only the combined efforts of the Tenseiga and Tetsueiga can defeat the evil.

Story: 3/5... Although a good premise, it falls short for those of us who aren't fans of the series.

Visual: 5/5... where the story lacks, the picture is very clear

Sound: Both the english and japanese tracks get 5/5... despite constant explosions, I really liked the sound.

Overall Score: 7/10... Although it's not the best movie I've ever seen, I recommend it to those of you who aren't fans of the series.  Note to the fans, Inuyasha and Sesshomaru's father plays a big role in this movie... as it does show the event that lead to his demise.
*i am chibimetal, the chibi shoujo fan*

Thanks Kirschy

http://metal-the-otaku.livejournal.com/ Fear the power of EMO!!!

http://legacymaster09.proboards50.com/index.cgi <--- Please join, we need members... I don't want to see my third home die
chibianimefan
Senpai
Senpai

Postby kirschy » Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:25 pm

Metal, you really should limit your reviews to one show/movie at a time.  Also it might not hurt to give a little more detail about the show/movie/game and why you liked or disliked it.
kirschy
Shikaisha
Shikaisha

Postby Ensign Janitor Tzap » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:29 pm

I have to agree with Kirschy on this one....

Do one subject at a time.

When I submited my review on the latest "Tenchi Muyo" release.
I tried to keep it short.
But not too short as to over look some of the more important details,
without giving away the whole story.

Well.....
Keep working at it chibianimefan.

Signed: Ensign Janitor Tzap
Ensign Janitor Tzap
Senpai
Senpai

Postby KUNAI » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:20 am

I cannot agree with you on your review of Wild Arms. The show really didn't entertain me at all. Most of the episodes were already used filler type episodes and really left much to be desired. Although the art and music were decent and at times the action was entertaining I dont belive it deserved a 9/10. My personal score for the series is a 6/10
"See things no one else can see, do things no one else can do."
KUNAI
Okame
Okame

Postby CCSYueh » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:00 pm

Yeah, I'm closer to Kunai on Wild Arms-maybe 7. Most interesting thing I found was that the little mascots were apparently voiced by a married couple in Japan. Not enough bishies to offset the derivative plot. Arc the Lad was more interesting for being based on a game. Gungrave was a more interesting game-based title. Maybe you like western themes? That was one of the few things going for it-we see a share of western titles, but not near as much as harem, school, etc.  Maybe the setting tipped it for you.
I'd place the InuYasha higher.
Maybe a bit confusing is your scoring. InuYasha scored 3/5, 5/5, 5/5 & 7/10-20/25-4/5 or 8/10 while Wild Arms was 5/5, 5/5, 5/5, 5/5 & 4/5-24/25 or close enough to being a 10/10-maybe call it 9.5/10. Maybe you should keep the individual parts /10 ratings also so you could match it up at the end easier.
CCSYueh
Senpai
Senpai

Return to Anime & Manga Reviews