[Anime] Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora

Post and share your Detailed reviews of anime, manga & related things.

[Anime] Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora

Postby doomed1 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:06 pm

Title: Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora
Studio: Group TAC
Licensing: NONE
Age Rating: TV-14 contains adult content
Series Length: 6 episodes

Well, as I continue to fight with myself as whether or not to watch Kanon, which one of my friends insists I do, and sit on my hands until its completely through, I decided to watch a quick drama, just cause I could. This one is quick so enjoy.

Story
Yuuichi Ezaki is a 17 year old high school student stuck with hepatitis A, which can get him out of school for several months! A great proposition for any kid, but theres one problem, its deathly boring. So in an effort to keep him a bit more subdued and in the hospital, his nurse suggests he try and befriend a girl in the east ward, Rika Akiba. At first she seems to be a total pain in the ass, a nasty, selfish girl, but there was good reason for her less than adorible behavior: she may not have long to live.

HnTgNS, if you've noticed, is very short, and yet has a really long name. However, despite its short length, the series ends up being a rather touching romance that makes for a good story. For the most part it's your typical "boy devotes self the tragicly and fatally ill chick 'til she dies" type anime. You can pretty much see the ending by the third episode, but there are some saving graces. With above average character development and some very entertaining, and at times adorable, plot devices, HnTgNS manages to keep itself out of the mundane. Furthermore, the classic plot structure retains a certain bittersweet air that is alluring to human nature. The ending is somewhat tragic, but anyone with some bawlz probably won't cry. The series' length is too short to really give some hardcore character development where you're eating out of the writers' hands, and in the end, thats probably what makes brings it down.

Animation
this stuff is pretty standard fair. The style is pretty to look at, but isn't anything special. No really special animation techniques I noticed either. They didn't show the operations as they were in a hospital most of the time, and that could have brought it up, but nothing special, just enough to tell the story, which is all thats necessary really.

Audio
Something I especially liked was the audio. I really enjoyed the soundtrack and i found myself listening to the opening and ending. It gets a thumbs up for me.

Japanese Dub
The voices seemed natural fits to the characters, though I found it a bit funny that the two people who smoked in the anime had no vocal grit, but then, such is animation.

English Dub
As with the last series I reviewed, no licensing company has picked it up yet. I'm begining to see a trend...

Final Word
Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora is a tender story of unconditional love. It's short and sweet so anyone could pretty much pick it up, yet it's because of that that HnTgNS faulters from being a truly great anime. Though I will not lie, I liked it, and I think you will too.

I give it a 4... out of 5.
made by myself, the GIMP Master General. want one? just pm me
TEH UBER 1337 PIRATE OF THIS FORUM!
VISIT MY deviantART!!!!!
doomed1
Kikousha
Kikousha

Return to Anime & Manga Reviews